It’s the 21st century and almost anything can be bought or sold online. Businesses have almost no physical limitations and a person with a tiny shop in Lagos can have customers in the East, the North and even abroad.
But not everyone who opens an online shop will succeed. Some people will make massive sales through their social media channels, while some others will struggle very hard to generate interest in their products and ultimately, to convert that interest to actual sales.
We have compiled a list of tips and tactics that can help you become a guru at online selling, especially in a multicultural setting like Nigeria.
- Begin with the right product.
- Make use of the right social media platforms.
- Create a new account and strictly use it for your business.
- Get your followers to share their experience with your products and services.
- Be transparent with your followers.
- Create a welcoming environment for your followers.
- Always update your followers / customers on time.
- Include an email signature that contains your social media handles/links.
Begin with the right product.
Choosing the right item to sell is one of the most important decisions that would affect your success as an online vendor.
You want to make sure that you identify something that has great market demand and an easily navigable supply chain. Choosing a product that people are not particularly interested in would ensure that every other strategy you employ to drive sales, fall flat on its face.
You also want to ensure that you have adequate product knowledge. If you do not, its probably a good idea to get started with some serious research before you launch your product. Being unable to answer simple questions about the products or service that you have put up for sale would mess with your ability to generate repeat business.
In simple English, don’t start selling cars if you know nothing about them.
Make use of the right social media platforms.
It’s important for you to choose the right social media platforms for your business. Social media is a great way to reach out to customers and get feedback. It’s also a great way to build community, brand awareness and exposure.
However, not every social media platform would be the best for your business. You have to identify where your customers are, so that you can be best positioned to meet them in their comfort zone.
Many sellers of visual products choose to ply their trade on Instagram. Food vendors for instance post pictures and videos of their food to grab attention and drive sales.
You can also combine platforms e.g, using Instagram to drive interest, and then redirecting your customers to Whatsapp or Telegram in order to close the sale and manage customer support activities.
By choosing the right platform(s), you can ensure that you get all the benefits that social media can offer your business.
Create a new account and strictly use it for your business.
Create a new account and strictly use it for your business. Don’t use your personal account, or an account that you have used for another business.
It’s important to make sure that the only posts on this page are about your product or service. If you’re selling cars, then post pictures of cars and videos of people driving them. You can also include links to sites like YouTube so that people can learn more about how cars work (and see how great they look in action).
Get your followers to share their experience with your products and services.
To get more people to buy your products or services, you can ask them to share their experience with others. For example:
- “How did you like our product?”
- “Do you think this product is useful?”
- “We would love to hear from someone who has used our service”
Be transparent with your followers.
- Be transparent with your followers.
- Be honest with your followers.
- Be open and transparent with your followers.
- Be transparent with your followers about your products and services, as well as the business behind them; don’t be afraid to be vulnerable! It will only help build trust in you, once they realize you’re human too (and make sure you show them some personality).
Create a welcoming environment for your followers.
When people visit your profile, they should be able to get an idea of what you are about. They should also be able to understand why they should follow you. If a profile is not easy to navigate, use, understand and find then members will not take the time out of their day to learn more about it.
To create an easy-to-follow profile:
Always update your followers / customers on time.
- Update your followers / customers on time.
- Stay consistent with your posts and updates.
- Get to know your followers because that will help you understand their needs better, and make yourself more relatable to them.
Include an email signature that contains your social media handles/links.
When you’re finished with your content, be sure to include an email signature that contains your social media handles/links.
- Include your social media handles and links. If you have a website, include the link to it. If you have a blog, include the link to it. If you have a newsletter, include the link to it. And if you have an email list (which we hope you do), definitely include that as well!
This will help ensure people are able to interact with you on any platform they prefer—and it may even convert some of them into paying customers who want to subscribe via email or join your mailing list in order to get more information about what makes your business unique!
Social media is one of the best venues to sell products in Nigeria
Social media is one of the best venues to sell products in Nigeria. It is an amazing platform that allows you to reach out to people who may not have seen or heard about your brand before. You can also advertise and promote your products on social media, which will help increase sales and boost profits for you.
However, not all businesses have been able to take advantage of this opportunity because they do not know how to create content that will attract Nigerians and make them buy their products. This article will give you some tips on how to effectively use social media as a marketing tool.